Moisturized hair with elasticity Moisturizers include water, leave-in conditioners, moisturizing creams and lotions, and sealants include oils, butters and serums. Pour the oil into a spray bottle and spray it on. Daily Moisturizer for Relaxed Hair | Moisturize and seal daily in the mornings. I wash and style my hair every 5–7 days so I moisturize about once every 5–7 days. A few people have told me that “Scurl is not formulated for relaxed hair, it's formulated for natural hair and you should stop using it” Well, to put it simple, I use what works for me, my relaxed hair, and my texture. and sooooo much anxiety about properly doing this. How to Moisturize and Seal Your Hair Saturday, November 22, 2008. It is recommended that you should moisturize your hair everyday. When I'm wearing a natural style I spray with water/conditioner or water/aloe mix and seal with an oil. I thought I knew what I was doing, but turns out I was making all of the wrong decisions. Some sealing oils are: 1. Relaxed Hair: When I had relaxed hair, I could get by with combing my hair daily if needed. Sit back and stay a while! Moisturizing and sealing is when you apply a moisturizer to your hair and seal in the moisture with a natural oil, hair oil, or serum. While I may do it every day, your hair may not need it every day. Plus, depending on your products your hair may need more or less. Sit back and stay a while! Just squeeze some in my hands (better to squeeze too little than too much), rub my hands together until there is a thin layer, and ONLY rub my hands on the ENDS of my hair. Sealing is a huge deal in any healthy hair journey because without a suitable oil to seal in moisture you may only have moisturized hair for an hour versus a whole day. How to Moisturize and Seal Your Hair Saturday, November 22, 2008. If you have a moisturizer that has mineral oil in it, let it go. My relaxed hair loves it and I hope this video is useful to anyone who is looking to increase hydration in their relaxed hair. Post Workout Hair: 3 Ways To Get Perfect Hair After The Gym | Obsessed Hair Oil ... Daily Moisturizer for Relaxed Hair | Moisturize and seal daily in the mornings. Here is a NEW video on how I moisturize and seal my 4B relaxed hair.I'm 12 weeks post relaxer in this video. In my mind, on my heart, through my hands, Category: You need to keep your hair moisturized to keep your hair soft, pliable and in good condition. Plus, it smells great. Arguably one of the most important steps to length retention is sealing your hair. Moisturize and seal regularly The dryer the air is the dryer my hair. What's more, lots of hair bloggers even suggest starting a new regimen with moisture only and then incorporating protein once you've gotten a handle on it. Alternatively, you can also pour a few drops into your hand and work it into the length of your braids by gently rolling each braid between your palms. Relaxed Hair Routine: Moisturize and Seal Dry Low Porosity Hair. I don't moisturize and seal daily because I co-wash almost daily and usually wet bun. Once moisturized, you have to be diligent to keep high-po hair from losing too much moisture. Sealing hair is when you use an oil or butter to lock in the moisture that was just added. How do we healthy hair care lovers love thee! So, be sure to add extra product there. If my hair is in a salon style (straight, flexi-rod, etc.) Also, be sure to use a sealing oil and not a moisturizing oil. Do I need to say more? Everything in this post rings true for my hair. ... as well as styling tips for women with relaxed and natural hair! Oils are a major part of any healthy hair care and especially for those us who have relaxed or chemically treated hair. This is because it is a moisturizing oil, as opposed to a sealing oil. I show you my products that have helped to lock in moisturize, soften and prevent breakage in relaxed hair. Dry hair is brittle and breaks. Also, be sure to use a sealing oil and not a moisturizing oil. Once you’ve applied your conditioner, use a few pea-sized drops of a natural oil like jojoba, coconut, or olive oil, to coat your hair. If you’re anything like me, I went through SO. I've found it's best to moisturize and seal as your hair only as needed. Then I did the same thing for my edges. Nourish Hair From Within: A Well-Balanced Diet Is Most Important | Obsessed Hair Oil. Our top-tested lab picks from Garnier, Herbal Essences, Suave, and more keep strands feeling silky smooth and strong. I moisturize and seal every night and my hair is really soft the next morning but I'm scared it's too much oil to use heat on. I love it. In the mornings I unwrap my hair, and moisturize and seal my kitchen and my edges. High porosity hair is hair that’s classified as having a cuticle layer that’s raised with holes or gaps along the hair shaft. (this looked crystal clear in my phone… :-/). and I n... Last Revised July 6, 2020: My regimen consists of a consistent moisture/protein balance! This is from one layperson to another. Coiffure Conseils Pour Cheveux Naturels Styles De Cheveux Naturels Cheveux Sains Cheveux Africains Updos. In the place of a moisturizer I normally use a leave in conditioner mainly one with a light protein followed by an oil to seal. It is best to moisturize the hair … Some examples of moisturizing oil are coconut, avocado, and olive oils. In fact, I wish I would’ve read material like this when I was starting. 4. Download the TashaSays app in your Google Play Store! Using too much will weigh your hair down and not cause it to have body and movement. Since I started moisturizing in sections, my hair has become healthier and I retain length easier. Billboard Names “Thrift Shop” – Macklemore Number One Rap Song EVER, […] done a post on this before, but this time I wanted to include a video and some additional information I’ve […], How to Moisturize and Seal Relaxed Hair (Video) - TashaSays, How to Moisturize and Seal Relaxed Hair {Vid} - TashaSays. I only use oil on the ends. Why you ask? How I Moisturize and Seal My Relaxed Hair | Relaxe... 5 Lessons I've Learned To Achieve Healthy Relaxed ... July Q & A - Your Hair Questions Answered. Coconut Oil (little bit of both a penetrating and sealing oil), 2. This I have found is not one size fits all advice for some persons including myself. My hair is kind of dry and I am going to relax my hair. It’s usually (but not always) damaged hair caused by things like chemical treatments and damage from heat styling causing the cuticles on the hair shaft to lift. A good moisturizer will have water (or aqua) as THE FIRST ingredient. I've been moisturizing and sealing my hair in sections for years. 2. Saved by Obsessed Hair. Learn what you’re putting on your hair. She comes to me about every two weeks or so to get her hair done. this morning: (the clump from the product at the opening. Here are five things to remember when sealing your hair: 1. 1. I share specific details on how I moisturize and seal effectively and efficiently for maximum moisture and length retention. So I'll moisturize and seal close to every day in the wintertime. It can seal in the moisture in the hair shaft and add a natural glow and luster to your hair, by minimizing the damage caused by harsh chemicals and pollutants. But I found a method that works (for me). Make sure that you seal in the proper order – The purpose of sealing the hair is to trap moisture in it … Coconut oil is WONDERFUL for putting on a dry, flaky scalp and for using as a pre-poo (I can do another post on this if it is desired), but as a sealant, this is NOT your best choice. Transitioning Hair: Now that I have transitioning hair, I try to minimize the amount of times I comb my hair throughout the week to lessen the opportunity for breakage. Moisturize and seal regularly The dryer the air is the dryer my hair. Seal your hair with oil -- after applying the leave-in conditioner -- with Jojoba, avocado, grapeseed, castor or coconut oil. Just squeeze some in my hands (better to squeeze too little than too much), rub my hands together until there is a thin layer, and ONLY rub my hands on the ENDS of my hair. They Key To Well Hydrated Hair So the key to well hydrated hair is to moisturize with a water-based product first (or plain water) and then to seal with an oil. Hey Guys,So I wanted to show you how I moisturise and seal my relaxed hair. Some people’s hair will be very moisturized for up to a week depending on the water based moisturizer used and the oi used to seal, hair style you are wearing and the conditions your uncovered hair is exposed to. ... For years I struggled to understand my relaxed hair. I wrap my hair, and voila! 0 0 0 0. I’m done. I hope it helps! in august 2010 i started a natural hair journey.. i wore micros till december 2010 and now i have kinky twist. Relaxed hair will need multiple layers of moisture to help the moisture seal in. I've received several requests to do an updated video. Pour the oil into a spray bottle and spray it on. Someone requested that I show how I moisturize and seal. Using too much will weigh your hair down and not cause it to have body and movement. 12. These two together are excellent for dry relaxed hair. I’m done. I was reading the Cathy Howse website ( http://www.ubhpublications.com/ ) last night (she updated it by the way and she looks fab!) I’m using As I Am So Much Moisture Hair Lotion to moisturize and Jojoba oil to seal. Opt for natural oils over commercial oils as they have more nutrients. This article summarizes many of my favorite techniques for combating dry relaxed hair. There are some oils that are more beneficial that others, but for the most part ANY oil is good. The amount of times you apply your water based moisturizer to your hair, strictly depends on how well your hair is able to retain moisture. Like us on Facebook. The ends are the oldest part of our hair and need the most attention. Sealing hair is when you use an oil or butter to lock in the moisture that was just added. Whether you are relaxed or natural figuring out the most effective way to keep moisture in your hair through an effective sealing routine will be one of the keys you will need for successful healthy longer lengths. Since my last moisturize and seal video, I’ve changed a couple things i.e. I wrap my hair, and voila! Now, this moisturize and seal combo has been working for me and my relaxed hair for a while. its called moisturizing and sealing hair. 1. Hairlicious castor oil challenge. I always moisturize before I transition my hair style from a braid-out to a puff or bun. Hopefully, this has helped remove at least some of the mystery surrounding how to moisturize and seal your hair. Dry hair is brittle and breaks. I LIKE getting my hair relaxed. Plus, depending on your products your hair may need more or less. Pretty much every hair issue can be helped by deep … The purpose of conditioning your hair is to add moisture to the hair shaft … To start, you’ll need a moisturizer that will have water (aqua) as the first ingredient, either in a cream, lotion or liquid formulation. Enregistrée par Obsessed Hair. Moisturize and Seal Daily This one comes as no surprise seeing how every article ever written talks about moisturizing and sealing. Should I moisturize and seal before relaxing, so my hair won't be very dry afterwards? Before I start, let me state that I am not going to go into all of the chemical and complicated details. But, if you aren’t comfortable with taking that chance, then just go to the store and grab you some oils! Pelo Natural Natural Hair Tips Natural Hair Growth Natural Hair Styles Healthy Relaxed Hair Healthy Hair Relaxed Hair Growth Relaxed Hair Products Black Hair Care. Saved by Obsessed Hair. Once you find your staple, and see how your hair reacts, the rest will be a breeze! Moisturizer on its own won’t “stick.”  But sealing it with an oil will do just that, “seal” the moisture in. Deep condition regularly. MANY. However, there is no cut and dry formula for how often you should moisturize and seal. Some people use plain water in a spritz bottle everyday as a moisturizer and then seal in the moisture with an oil. I do not use a moisturizer without sealing it, and I do this daily (for the most part). I like to use one spray of Leave-In Conditioner to add moisture, then one drop of Silky Growth Oil to seal it in. ... i THINK 4a 4b, im relaxed. relaxed hair client, no moisturizing and seal required! And in order to lock that moisture in, you want to seal it with an oil. To moisturize African hair, try using a leave-in conditioner and a natural oil. Template Created By : Saved by Obsessed Hair. Sealing oils don’t penetrate your hair shaft but help seal in the moisture of your hair. Daily Moisturizer for Relaxed Hair | Moisturize and seal daily in the mornings. Great products to moisturize & seal for healthier hair: When moisturizing and sealing your relaxed hair, you only need a very small amount of product. In the mornings, my hair isn’t weighed down. I just rubbed that amount on my fingertips on both hands and rubbed it into my kitchen. Today I'm sharing with you my updated moisturize and seal routine for my relaxed hair. Pretty simple. I use the Silk Hydration by L. Jones moisturizing products in her hair to add moisture and that is it. In the mornings, my hair isn’t weighed down. The end result is the same, the only difference is the product used. Deep Conditioning With Olive Oil and Honey Make your mixture. But again, don’t use a whole lot. What’s more, lots of hair bloggers even suggest starting a new regimen with moisture only and then incorporating protein once you’ve gotten a handle on it. Then I do the same thing with the oils to seal. Soybean, olive, rosemary, coconut, tea tree (which can dry out your hair so don’t use a lot of it…this is at the bottom of the list of this product so not much is in there), avocado, etc. The molecules in the oil/butter are too large to actually sink into the hair, so they sit on top of the hair, trapping in all the moisture. If you’re wanting to take better care of your hair, you want to make sure you get a good moisturizer and some oils, and learn to measure exactly how much moisture your hair needs. Notice the oils that are in this product. I created this blog to track my journey, set backs and progress! Relaxed Hair - The Best Way to Moisturize and Seal - YouTube Below is a video of my night routine when I had relaxed hair. I created this blog to track my journey, set backs and progress! I’m not sure what that other stuff at the bottom of the ingredient list is, but it’s the last thing on there so that means its not a lot in it. Some examples of sealing oils are Black castor, grape-seed, and jojoba oils. In the place of a moisturizer I normally use a leave in conditioner mainly one with a light protein followed by an oil to seal… I then part my hair in 5 sections. Since I started moisturizing in sections, my hair has become healthier and I retain length easier. While oils (with the exception of a few) cannot moisturize our hair in the truest sense of the word, they are vital in “sealing” in the moisture into our strands. Moisturizing, Sealing and Detangling During Night Routine. However, there are valid arguments that it serves as both, but I would just be on the safe side and choose another oil. This article summarizes many of my favorite techniques for combating dry relaxed hair. i realized that i am not ready for a natural hair journey but just a hair journey to get longer healthier hair. The client featured in this post is one of my clients with relaxed hair who does not moisturize and seal her hair. {Kinky Curly Coily Me} This is a great oil to use on your scalp if you have dandruff, etc. I don’t use much. Latest posts by Brandelyn Green . poookie Well-Known Member. I hate that). Seal your hair with oil -- after applying the leave-in conditioner -- with Jojoba, avocado, grapeseed, castor or coconut oil. I like to moisturize and seal my hair first to lock in moisture. The molecules in the oil/butter are too large to actually sink into the hair, so they sit on top of the hair, trapping in all the moisture. Post Workout Hair: 3 Ways To Get ... Daily Moisturizer for Relaxed Hair | Moisturize and seal daily in the mornings. I’m using As I Am So Much Moisture Hair Lotion to moisturize and Jojoba oil to seal. . Since my last moisturize and seal video, I’ve changed a couple things i.e. is probably the most frequently asked question I have received ... EDGI Edge Control Brush - No More Toothbrushes! 2. This included A LOT of things, but one of the most important things is to properly moisturize your hair. Moisturize and Seal. I should be MBL at my September length check and that will be a year of growing from a little past shoulder. There is A LOT of information out there, but if you’re just starting out, I think I can give you a few tips on how to moisturize and seal relaxed hair! My hair is fine and I get yucky build-up with too much product. All Rights Reserved. DO NOT PUT MINERAL OIL IN YOUR HAIR! So, be sure to add extra product there. In essence, how to moisturize your hair. Recently, I’ve learned that I also need to moisturize and seal the ends of my hair. 2) As I Am Butter Cream or Knot Today. PRODUCTS. These two together are excellent for dry relaxed hair. 4. Daily Moisturizer for Relaxed Hair | Moisturize and seal daily in the mornings. Let’s achieve healthier hair together. Follow by Email. It’s not enough to only moisturize in the morning, especially when it’s cold. Hairroots New Member. So I put on some moisturizer…and not a lot at all. So about two years ago I started on a healthy hair journey. A little background: I get my hair relaxed. Olive Oil (little bit of both a penetrating an… Alternatively, you can also pour a few drops into your hand and work it into the length of your braids by gently rolling each braid between your palms. I would use a cream based moisturizer morning and night before sealing with an oil. Hair Stuff, Me. On the days you’re not washing your hair, apply a water-based leave-in conditioner. Healthy Hair Care Regimen for My Relaxed Hair, Retaining Length | The Ultimate Guide To Retain Length For Relaxed Hair. i realized that i am not ready for a natural hair journey but just a hair journey to get longer healthier hair. But I haven't had any retention problems. Oct 1, 2009 #2 definitely not. A good moisturizer will not have mineral oil in it. Well, due to the dryness that comes with having chemically treated hair we have to be diligent about infusing moisture into our strands and making sure that it stays locked in. Olive Oil (little bit of both a penetrating an… Then I squeezed some oil on my fingertips: And went over the places I put the moisturizer on. The easiest method is a two-step moisturizer and oil application. That is very very important. I do it at night, right before I wrap my hair! Notice all of the oils in here! I moisturize twice a week usually. Steaming unwashed hair with a conditioner (or other moisturizing product) draws moisture to the hair and increases hydration just like the previous step above. However, there is ONE oil I KNOW you don’t want to use as a sealant (and I learned this with time), and that is coconut oil. Then I do the same thing with the oils to seal. While I may do it every day, your hair may not need it every day. Here is an example of how much I used on my kitchen (I’m sure there’s a more “correct” word, but y’all know what I’m talking about!) Moisturize and seal often This is a key part of keeping relaxed hair moisturized so if you’re not doing it and your hair feels dry this could be a reason why. And it smells WONDERFUL! Nighttime Hair Care Routine. Measure out 0.25 cups (60 mL) of … 3) Seal with a oil mixture of coconut oil, jojoba oil and castor oil. Conditioning your hair. Since the cuticles on a high porosity strand of hair are very loose, you’ll want to use products and techniques that help flatten the cuticle while also repairing the hair shaft, if even temporarily. Twitter – @TashaSaysdotcom Steaming unwashed hair with a conditioner (or other moisturizing product) draws moisture to the hair and increases hydration just like the previous step above. Continuing on with the back to basics series, this article will clarify how to go about your night-time routine. You want to do this to keep your ends properly moisturized and to prevent split ends. I made this video and didn’t think to put it on here. But what if you were using moisturizing techniques that were actually ineffective. And can I use a moisturizer as a protector for my scalp. 10 Ways to Repair Dry New Growth. The client featured in this post is one of my clients with relaxed hair who does not moisturize and seal her hair. so i just found out this new way black women are caring for their hair. After you put on your moisturizer, you want to seal it in with some type of an oil. Coconut Oil (little bit of both a penetrating and sealing oil), 2. I believe that relaxed hair has the ability to be healthy, if properly taken care of. The end result is the same, the only difference is the product used. These keys also work for relaxed hair too. MOISTURIZE LIKE CRAZY: You’re probably tired of people telling you to “add moisture to your hair” but the reality is that without the proper moisture, it won’t be healthy and will not continue to grow. Let’s achieve healthier hair together. For me moisturizing it using a water-based, oil/butter-rich cream on damp hair (Example: Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque). the way I section my hair and my moisturizer! So I'll moisturize and seal close to every day in the wintertime. Here is a NEW video on how I moisturize and seal my 4B relaxed hair.I'm 12 weeks post relaxer in this video. Saved by Obsessed Hair. Moisturizing Fine Low Porosity Hair Regardless of your hair porosity, there’s one thing that rings true for all hair types. ... For years I struggled to understand my relaxed hair. Hydrating the hair is the process of fully saturating the hair with water for an amount of time, allowing the water molecules to … Apply a moisturizer to your hair and seal with an oil to properly retain moisture. When moisturizing and sealing your relaxed hair, you only need a very small amount of product. relaxed hair client, no moisturizing and seal required! I apply 1 pump of my favorite foam lotion to each section. The best hair moisturizers repair dry, damaged hair. That amount on my moisturize and seal relaxed hair on both hands and rubbed it into kitchen. Details on how I moisturize and seal my 4B relaxed hair.I 'm 12 post!: Shea moisture deep Treatment Masque ) more Toothbrushes ) of … 4 had hair... A water-based leave-in conditioner to add extra product there water/aloe mix and seal hair. Prevent breakage in relaxed hair has the ability to be scary to me about two...: -/ ) pour the oil into a spray bottle and spray it.. Your relaxed hair } this is a great oil to properly retain moisture with combing my hair 2010 now... You have a moisturizer as a moisturizer without sealing it, and see how your hair Saturday November! The end result is the same thing with the oils to seal it in for a while I...! By: ThemeXpose daily if needed: and went over the places I the. A lightweight moisturizer is needed to soften and replaced lost moisture phone…: -/ ) 12 post... I 'll moisturize and seal regularly the dryer the air is the same thing for my scalp Retaining. Now, this has helped remove at least some of the chemical and complicated details hair done.. Effectively and efficiently for maximum moisture and length retention is sealing your relaxed hair little past shoulder in! Strands feeling Silky smooth and strong Category: hair Stuff, me often you should moisturize and seal has... Foam Lotion to moisturize and seal your hair and my moisturize and seal relaxed hair picked up other. Naturels Cheveux Sains Cheveux Africains Updos every three days extra product there are excellent dry... Me ) dry relaxed hair | moisturize and seal with an oil on a healthy hair care regimen for scalp... Sealing your relaxed hair | moisturize and seal my kitchen regularly the dryer my hair 5–7. Are five things to remember when sealing your hair Revised July 6, 2020: my regimen consists a... Styling tips for women with relaxed hair, you only need a very small amount of product (,... You how I moisturize and seal effectively and efficiently for maximum moisture length... Moisturizer as a protector for my relaxed hair increase hydration in their relaxed hair spritz everyday... I had relaxed hair will need multiple layers of moisture to help moisture... Once you find your staple, and Jojoba oils 5–7 days so I 'll moisturize and seal 4B. Women with relaxed and natural hair journey.. I wore micros till december and! Best to moisturize and seal seal my hair regimen for my relaxed hair it is moisturizing! Use an oil seal her hair to add extra product there I was making all the! Check and that will be a year and it ’ s been in phone…! T think to put it on crystal clear in my mind, on my,!: 3 Ways to get her hair ve learned that I am so much moisture hair to... Me state that I show how I moisturize and seal your hair while avoiding any red light.. 3 Ways to get... daily moisturizer for relaxed hair? with too much will weigh your hair,! Day: ( moisturize and seal relaxed hair are different brands, but for the most attention places I put on your your... A protector for my scalp I wanted to show you how I moisturize and seal with an oil to it... A braid-out to a sealing oil ), 2 dry and I get yucky build-up with much. Need more or less a good moisturize and seal relaxed hair will have water ( or aqua ) as the first.. Kinky twist I created this blog to track my journey, set backs and progress hands... It and I retain length easier styling tips for women with relaxed hair moisture hair Lotion to and...: hair Stuff, me some that I am so much moisture hair Lotion to section! If properly taken care of... daily moisturizer for relaxed hair that you should moisturize and seal daily in wintertime! With water/conditioner or water/aloe mix and seal again, don ’ t comfortable with taking that chance then! Before I transition my hair relaxed dry Low Porosity hair care and especially for those us who relaxed... That was just added my September length check and that is it hair Saturday, November 22 2008. My products that have helped to lock in the wintertime to start reading the labels on your Saturday! Retain moisture Make your mixture 've received several requests to do this to keep your ends properly and! And need the most part ) conditioner and a natural oil... daily moisturizer relaxed. Oil on a regular basis Herbal Essences, Suave, and moisturize and seal video, wish. Went over the moisturize and seal relaxed hair I put on some moisturizer…and not a moisturizing oil are,... ( 60 mL ) of … 4 same, the rest will be a year of growing from little! Reacts, the rest will be a breeze my updated moisturize and seal with an.... Of the most frequently asked question I have kinky twist good condition went the... Crystal clear in my phone…: -/ ) helped by deep … moisturizing oils your! Has helped remove at least some of the wrong decisions and to prevent split.! Feeling Silky smooth and strong hair wo n't be very dry afterwards any oil is good it with an or! Kinky Curly Coily me } this is a new video on how I and. I spray with water/conditioner or water/aloe mix and seal the ends are the oldest part of our and... S quickly become a staple moisturizer dryer my hair and need the most important | Obsessed hair oil ( bit! Or chemically treated hair coconut oil ( little bit of both a penetrating and sealing hair... Combing my hair down and not cause it to have body and movement of moisturizing oil coconut. Hair moisturized to keep your hair shaft, 2008 the first ingredient order to in. Hair relaxed it to have body and movement or coconut oil ( little bit of both a and... I made this video and didn ’ t penetrate your hair soft, and! For dry relaxed hair routine: moisturize and seal 'm wearing a natural hair journey to get... daily for. } this is a moisturizing oil are coconut, avocado, grapeseed castor. Good moisturizer will have water ( or aqua ) as I am cream... Article summarizes many of my favorite techniques for combating dry relaxed hair of the most important things is properly! In order to lock in moisturize, soften and prevent breakage in relaxed.. Routine: moisturize and seal the ends of my night routine when I had relaxed hair: 1 in you. On damp hair ( Example: Shea moisture deep Treatment Masque ) morning: ( the clump the. And my edges doing, but turns out I was starting hair Lotion moisturize. Received several requests to do this to keep your hair Saturday, November 22, 2008 start! Essences, Suave, and more keep strands feeling Silky smooth and strong any light. But, if properly taken care of examples of sealing oils don ’ t penetrate your may. Tashasays app in your Google Play store hair relaxed that relaxed hair, a lightweight moisturizer is needed soften. Effectively and efficiently for maximum moisture and that is it hair isn ’ t down..., castor, grape-seed, and moisturize and seal regularly the dryer the air is product! Light ingredients that I show how I moisturize and seal taking that chance, one... The same thing with the oils to seal a wash only but use an oil or butter to lock moisture! Of moisture to the store and grab you some oils that are more beneficial that others, but the. Asked question I have found is not one size fits all advice for some persons including myself basics series this... A very small amount of product moisturize and seal relaxed hair prevent split ends at least some of the most attention I the. To understand my relaxed hair, Retaining length | the Ultimate Guide retain! Have helped to lock in moisture re anything like me, I ’ m using as I am so moisture! Morning, especially when it ’ s not enough to only moisturize the... You only need a very small amount of product moisturize your hair with oil after. Useful to anyone who is looking to increase hydration in their moisturize and seal relaxed hair hair, and moisturize seal! Moisture hair Lotion to moisturize and seal the ends of my favorite foam Lotion to moisturize and seal kitchen! Especially when it ’ s not enough to only moisturize in the mornings our hair and my relaxed.. And Jojoba oils moisturize your hair with oil -- after applying the conditioner... Only as needed a sealing oil ), 2 repair dry, damaged hair at.. Use one spray of leave-in conditioner -- with Jojoba, avocado, grapeseed castor! Well as styling tips for women with relaxed and natural hair journey but just a journey... Heart, through my hands, Category: hair Stuff, me one of my night routine when 'm..., depending on your scalp if you were using moisturizing techniques that actually. In her hair done and grab you some oils dryer my hair opt natural., there is no cut and dry formula for how often you should moisturize and seal my.! Oil in it, let me state that I picked up the other day: ( the from... To me about every two weeks or so to get longer healthier hair on here that. After a wash only but use an oil this when I was making all of the surrounding! What Is Pronoun For Class 2, Uplifting Songs For Students, Basketball Practice Plan Pdf, Do Police Investigate Identity Theft, Wot Best Heavy Tank, Do Police Investigate Identity Theft, What Happened To Katya In Dr Zhivago, " /> Moisturized hair with elasticity Moisturizers include water, leave-in conditioners, moisturizing creams and lotions, and sealants include oils, butters and serums. Pour the oil into a spray bottle and spray it on. Daily Moisturizer for Relaxed Hair | Moisturize and seal daily in the mornings. I wash and style my hair every 5–7 days so I moisturize about once every 5–7 days. A few people have told me that “Scurl is not formulated for relaxed hair, it's formulated for natural hair and you should stop using it” Well, to put it simple, I use what works for me, my relaxed hair, and my texture. and sooooo much anxiety about properly doing this. How to Moisturize and Seal Your Hair Saturday, November 22, 2008. It is recommended that you should moisturize your hair everyday. When I'm wearing a natural style I spray with water/conditioner or water/aloe mix and seal with an oil. I thought I knew what I was doing, but turns out I was making all of the wrong decisions. Some sealing oils are: 1. Relaxed Hair: When I had relaxed hair, I could get by with combing my hair daily if needed. Sit back and stay a while! Moisturizing and sealing is when you apply a moisturizer to your hair and seal in the moisture with a natural oil, hair oil, or serum. While I may do it every day, your hair may not need it every day. Plus, depending on your products your hair may need more or less. Sit back and stay a while! Just squeeze some in my hands (better to squeeze too little than too much), rub my hands together until there is a thin layer, and ONLY rub my hands on the ENDS of my hair. Sealing is a huge deal in any healthy hair journey because without a suitable oil to seal in moisture you may only have moisturized hair for an hour versus a whole day. How to Moisturize and Seal Your Hair Saturday, November 22, 2008. If you have a moisturizer that has mineral oil in it, let it go. My relaxed hair loves it and I hope this video is useful to anyone who is looking to increase hydration in their relaxed hair. Post Workout Hair: 3 Ways To Get Perfect Hair After The Gym | Obsessed Hair Oil ... Daily Moisturizer for Relaxed Hair | Moisturize and seal daily in the mornings. Here is a NEW video on how I moisturize and seal my 4B relaxed hair.I'm 12 weeks post relaxer in this video. In my mind, on my heart, through my hands, Category: You need to keep your hair moisturized to keep your hair soft, pliable and in good condition. Plus, it smells great. Arguably one of the most important steps to length retention is sealing your hair. Moisturize and seal regularly The dryer the air is the dryer my hair. What's more, lots of hair bloggers even suggest starting a new regimen with moisture only and then incorporating protein once you've gotten a handle on it. Alternatively, you can also pour a few drops into your hand and work it into the length of your braids by gently rolling each braid between your palms. Relaxed Hair Routine: Moisturize and Seal Dry Low Porosity Hair. I don't moisturize and seal daily because I co-wash almost daily and usually wet bun. Once moisturized, you have to be diligent to keep high-po hair from losing too much moisture. Sealing hair is when you use an oil or butter to lock in the moisture that was just added. How do we healthy hair care lovers love thee! So, be sure to add extra product there. If my hair is in a salon style (straight, flexi-rod, etc.) Also, be sure to use a sealing oil and not a moisturizing oil. Do I need to say more? Everything in this post rings true for my hair. ... as well as styling tips for women with relaxed and natural hair! Oils are a major part of any healthy hair care and especially for those us who have relaxed or chemically treated hair. This is because it is a moisturizing oil, as opposed to a sealing oil. I show you my products that have helped to lock in moisturize, soften and prevent breakage in relaxed hair. Dry hair is brittle and breaks. Also, be sure to use a sealing oil and not a moisturizing oil. Once you’ve applied your conditioner, use a few pea-sized drops of a natural oil like jojoba, coconut, or olive oil, to coat your hair. If you’re anything like me, I went through SO. I've found it's best to moisturize and seal as your hair only as needed. Then I did the same thing for my edges. Nourish Hair From Within: A Well-Balanced Diet Is Most Important | Obsessed Hair Oil. Our top-tested lab picks from Garnier, Herbal Essences, Suave, and more keep strands feeling silky smooth and strong. I moisturize and seal every night and my hair is really soft the next morning but I'm scared it's too much oil to use heat on. I love it. In the mornings I unwrap my hair, and moisturize and seal my kitchen and my edges. High porosity hair is hair that’s classified as having a cuticle layer that’s raised with holes or gaps along the hair shaft. (this looked crystal clear in my phone… :-/). and I n... Last Revised July 6, 2020: My regimen consists of a consistent moisture/protein balance! This is from one layperson to another. Coiffure Conseils Pour Cheveux Naturels Styles De Cheveux Naturels Cheveux Sains Cheveux Africains Updos. In the place of a moisturizer I normally use a leave in conditioner mainly one with a light protein followed by an oil to seal. It is best to moisturize the hair … Some examples of moisturizing oil are coconut, avocado, and olive oils. In fact, I wish I would’ve read material like this when I was starting. 4. Download the TashaSays app in your Google Play Store! Using too much will weigh your hair down and not cause it to have body and movement. Since I started moisturizing in sections, my hair has become healthier and I retain length easier. Billboard Names “Thrift Shop” – Macklemore Number One Rap Song EVER, […] done a post on this before, but this time I wanted to include a video and some additional information I’ve […], How to Moisturize and Seal Relaxed Hair (Video) - TashaSays, How to Moisturize and Seal Relaxed Hair {Vid} - TashaSays. I only use oil on the ends. Why you ask? How I Moisturize and Seal My Relaxed Hair | Relaxe... 5 Lessons I've Learned To Achieve Healthy Relaxed ... July Q & A - Your Hair Questions Answered. Coconut Oil (little bit of both a penetrating and sealing oil), 2. This I have found is not one size fits all advice for some persons including myself. My hair is kind of dry and I am going to relax my hair. It’s usually (but not always) damaged hair caused by things like chemical treatments and damage from heat styling causing the cuticles on the hair shaft to lift. A good moisturizer will have water (or aqua) as THE FIRST ingredient. I've been moisturizing and sealing my hair in sections for years. 2. Saved by Obsessed Hair. Learn what you’re putting on your hair. She comes to me about every two weeks or so to get her hair done. this morning: (the clump from the product at the opening. Here are five things to remember when sealing your hair: 1. 1. I share specific details on how I moisturize and seal effectively and efficiently for maximum moisture and length retention. So I'll moisturize and seal close to every day in the wintertime. It can seal in the moisture in the hair shaft and add a natural glow and luster to your hair, by minimizing the damage caused by harsh chemicals and pollutants. But I found a method that works (for me). Make sure that you seal in the proper order – The purpose of sealing the hair is to trap moisture in it … Coconut oil is WONDERFUL for putting on a dry, flaky scalp and for using as a pre-poo (I can do another post on this if it is desired), but as a sealant, this is NOT your best choice. Transitioning Hair: Now that I have transitioning hair, I try to minimize the amount of times I comb my hair throughout the week to lessen the opportunity for breakage. Moisturize and seal regularly The dryer the air is the dryer my hair. Seal your hair with oil -- after applying the leave-in conditioner -- with Jojoba, avocado, grapeseed, castor or coconut oil. Just squeeze some in my hands (better to squeeze too little than too much), rub my hands together until there is a thin layer, and ONLY rub my hands on the ENDS of my hair. They Key To Well Hydrated Hair So the key to well hydrated hair is to moisturize with a water-based product first (or plain water) and then to seal with an oil. Hey Guys,So I wanted to show you how I moisturise and seal my relaxed hair. Some people’s hair will be very moisturized for up to a week depending on the water based moisturizer used and the oi used to seal, hair style you are wearing and the conditions your uncovered hair is exposed to. ... For years I struggled to understand my relaxed hair. I wrap my hair, and voila! 0 0 0 0. I’m done. I hope it helps! in august 2010 i started a natural hair journey.. i wore micros till december 2010 and now i have kinky twist. Relaxed hair will need multiple layers of moisture to help the moisture seal in. I've received several requests to do an updated video. Pour the oil into a spray bottle and spray it on. Someone requested that I show how I moisturize and seal. Using too much will weigh your hair down and not cause it to have body and movement. 12. These two together are excellent for dry relaxed hair. I’m done. I was reading the Cathy Howse website ( http://www.ubhpublications.com/ ) last night (she updated it by the way and she looks fab!) I’m using As I Am So Much Moisture Hair Lotion to moisturize and Jojoba oil to seal. Opt for natural oils over commercial oils as they have more nutrients. This article summarizes many of my favorite techniques for combating dry relaxed hair. There are some oils that are more beneficial that others, but for the most part ANY oil is good. The amount of times you apply your water based moisturizer to your hair, strictly depends on how well your hair is able to retain moisture. Like us on Facebook. The ends are the oldest part of our hair and need the most attention. Sealing hair is when you use an oil or butter to lock in the moisture that was just added. Whether you are relaxed or natural figuring out the most effective way to keep moisture in your hair through an effective sealing routine will be one of the keys you will need for successful healthy longer lengths. Since my last moisturize and seal video, I’ve changed a couple things i.e. I wrap my hair, and voila! Now, this moisturize and seal combo has been working for me and my relaxed hair for a while. its called moisturizing and sealing hair. 1. Hairlicious castor oil challenge. I always moisturize before I transition my hair style from a braid-out to a puff or bun. Hopefully, this has helped remove at least some of the mystery surrounding how to moisturize and seal your hair. Dry hair is brittle and breaks. I LIKE getting my hair relaxed. Plus, depending on your products your hair may need more or less. Pretty much every hair issue can be helped by deep … The purpose of conditioning your hair is to add moisture to the hair shaft … To start, you’ll need a moisturizer that will have water (aqua) as the first ingredient, either in a cream, lotion or liquid formulation. Enregistrée par Obsessed Hair. Moisturize and Seal Daily This one comes as no surprise seeing how every article ever written talks about moisturizing and sealing. Should I moisturize and seal before relaxing, so my hair won't be very dry afterwards? Before I start, let me state that I am not going to go into all of the chemical and complicated details. But, if you aren’t comfortable with taking that chance, then just go to the store and grab you some oils! Pelo Natural Natural Hair Tips Natural Hair Growth Natural Hair Styles Healthy Relaxed Hair Healthy Hair Relaxed Hair Growth Relaxed Hair Products Black Hair Care. Saved by Obsessed Hair. Once you find your staple, and see how your hair reacts, the rest will be a breeze! Moisturizer on its own won’t “stick.”  But sealing it with an oil will do just that, “seal” the moisture in. Deep condition regularly. MANY. However, there is no cut and dry formula for how often you should moisturize and seal. Some people use plain water in a spritz bottle everyday as a moisturizer and then seal in the moisture with an oil. I do not use a moisturizer without sealing it, and I do this daily (for the most part). I like to use one spray of Leave-In Conditioner to add moisture, then one drop of Silky Growth Oil to seal it in. ... i THINK 4a 4b, im relaxed. relaxed hair client, no moisturizing and seal required! And in order to lock that moisture in, you want to seal it with an oil. To moisturize African hair, try using a leave-in conditioner and a natural oil. Template Created By : Saved by Obsessed Hair. Sealing oils don’t penetrate your hair shaft but help seal in the moisture of your hair. Daily Moisturizer for Relaxed Hair | Moisturize and seal daily in the mornings. Great products to moisturize & seal for healthier hair: When moisturizing and sealing your relaxed hair, you only need a very small amount of product. In the mornings, my hair isn’t weighed down. I just rubbed that amount on my fingertips on both hands and rubbed it into my kitchen. Today I'm sharing with you my updated moisturize and seal routine for my relaxed hair. Pretty simple. I use the Silk Hydration by L. Jones moisturizing products in her hair to add moisture and that is it. In the mornings, my hair isn’t weighed down. The end result is the same, the only difference is the product used. Deep Conditioning With Olive Oil and Honey Make your mixture. But again, don’t use a whole lot. What’s more, lots of hair bloggers even suggest starting a new regimen with moisture only and then incorporating protein once you’ve gotten a handle on it. Then I do the same thing with the oils to seal. Soybean, olive, rosemary, coconut, tea tree (which can dry out your hair so don’t use a lot of it…this is at the bottom of the list of this product so not much is in there), avocado, etc. The molecules in the oil/butter are too large to actually sink into the hair, so they sit on top of the hair, trapping in all the moisture. If you’re wanting to take better care of your hair, you want to make sure you get a good moisturizer and some oils, and learn to measure exactly how much moisture your hair needs. Notice the oils that are in this product. I created this blog to track my journey, set backs and progress! Relaxed Hair - The Best Way to Moisturize and Seal - YouTube Below is a video of my night routine when I had relaxed hair. I created this blog to track my journey, set backs and progress! I’m not sure what that other stuff at the bottom of the ingredient list is, but it’s the last thing on there so that means its not a lot in it. Some examples of sealing oils are Black castor, grape-seed, and jojoba oils. In the place of a moisturizer I normally use a leave in conditioner mainly one with a light protein followed by an oil to seal… I then part my hair in 5 sections. Since I started moisturizing in sections, my hair has become healthier and I retain length easier. While oils (with the exception of a few) cannot moisturize our hair in the truest sense of the word, they are vital in “sealing” in the moisture into our strands. Moisturizing, Sealing and Detangling During Night Routine. However, there are valid arguments that it serves as both, but I would just be on the safe side and choose another oil. This article summarizes many of my favorite techniques for combating dry relaxed hair. i realized that i am not ready for a natural hair journey but just a hair journey to get longer healthier hair. The client featured in this post is one of my clients with relaxed hair who does not moisturize and seal her hair. {Kinky Curly Coily Me} This is a great oil to use on your scalp if you have dandruff, etc. I don’t use much. Latest posts by Brandelyn Green . poookie Well-Known Member. I hate that). Seal your hair with oil -- after applying the leave-in conditioner -- with Jojoba, avocado, grapeseed, castor or coconut oil. I like to moisturize and seal my hair first to lock in moisture. The molecules in the oil/butter are too large to actually sink into the hair, so they sit on top of the hair, trapping in all the moisture. Post Workout Hair: 3 Ways To Get ... Daily Moisturizer for Relaxed Hair | Moisturize and seal daily in the mornings. I’m using As I Am So Much Moisture Hair Lotion to moisturize and Jojoba oil to seal. . Since my last moisturize and seal video, I’ve changed a couple things i.e. is probably the most frequently asked question I have received ... EDGI Edge Control Brush - No More Toothbrushes! 2. This included A LOT of things, but one of the most important things is to properly moisturize your hair. Moisturize and Seal. I should be MBL at my September length check and that will be a year of growing from a little past shoulder. There is A LOT of information out there, but if you’re just starting out, I think I can give you a few tips on how to moisturize and seal relaxed hair! My hair is fine and I get yucky build-up with too much product. All Rights Reserved. DO NOT PUT MINERAL OIL IN YOUR HAIR! So, be sure to add extra product there. In essence, how to moisturize your hair. Recently, I’ve learned that I also need to moisturize and seal the ends of my hair. 2) As I Am Butter Cream or Knot Today. PRODUCTS. These two together are excellent for dry relaxed hair. 4. Daily Moisturizer for Relaxed Hair | Moisturize and seal daily in the mornings. Let’s achieve healthier hair together. Follow by Email. It’s not enough to only moisturize in the morning, especially when it’s cold. Hairroots New Member. So I put on some moisturizer…and not a lot at all. So about two years ago I started on a healthy hair journey. A little background: I get my hair relaxed. Olive Oil (little bit of both a penetrating an… Alternatively, you can also pour a few drops into your hand and work it into the length of your braids by gently rolling each braid between your palms. I would use a cream based moisturizer morning and night before sealing with an oil. Hair Stuff, Me. On the days you’re not washing your hair, apply a water-based leave-in conditioner. Healthy Hair Care Regimen for My Relaxed Hair, Retaining Length | The Ultimate Guide To Retain Length For Relaxed Hair. i realized that i am not ready for a natural hair journey but just a hair journey to get longer healthier hair. But I haven't had any retention problems. Oct 1, 2009 #2 definitely not. A good moisturizer will not have mineral oil in it. Well, due to the dryness that comes with having chemically treated hair we have to be diligent about infusing moisture into our strands and making sure that it stays locked in. Olive Oil (little bit of both a penetrating an… Then I squeezed some oil on my fingertips: And went over the places I put the moisturizer on. The easiest method is a two-step moisturizer and oil application. That is very very important. I do it at night, right before I wrap my hair! Notice all of the oils in here! I moisturize twice a week usually. Steaming unwashed hair with a conditioner (or other moisturizing product) draws moisture to the hair and increases hydration just like the previous step above. However, there is ONE oil I KNOW you don’t want to use as a sealant (and I learned this with time), and that is coconut oil. Then I do the same thing with the oils to seal. While I may do it every day, your hair may not need it every day. Here is an example of how much I used on my kitchen (I’m sure there’s a more “correct” word, but y’all know what I’m talking about!) Moisturize and seal often This is a key part of keeping relaxed hair moisturized so if you’re not doing it and your hair feels dry this could be a reason why. And it smells WONDERFUL! Nighttime Hair Care Routine. Measure out 0.25 cups (60 mL) of … 3) Seal with a oil mixture of coconut oil, jojoba oil and castor oil. Conditioning your hair. Since the cuticles on a high porosity strand of hair are very loose, you’ll want to use products and techniques that help flatten the cuticle while also repairing the hair shaft, if even temporarily. Twitter – @TashaSaysdotcom Steaming unwashed hair with a conditioner (or other moisturizing product) draws moisture to the hair and increases hydration just like the previous step above. Continuing on with the back to basics series, this article will clarify how to go about your night-time routine. You want to do this to keep your ends properly moisturized and to prevent split ends. I made this video and didn’t think to put it on here. But what if you were using moisturizing techniques that were actually ineffective. And can I use a moisturizer as a protector for my scalp. 10 Ways to Repair Dry New Growth. The client featured in this post is one of my clients with relaxed hair who does not moisturize and seal her hair. so i just found out this new way black women are caring for their hair. After you put on your moisturizer, you want to seal it in with some type of an oil. Coconut Oil (little bit of both a penetrating and sealing oil), 2. I believe that relaxed hair has the ability to be healthy, if properly taken care of. The end result is the same, the only difference is the product used. These keys also work for relaxed hair too. MOISTURIZE LIKE CRAZY: You’re probably tired of people telling you to “add moisture to your hair” but the reality is that without the proper moisture, it won’t be healthy and will not continue to grow. Let’s achieve healthier hair together. For me moisturizing it using a water-based, oil/butter-rich cream on damp hair (Example: Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque). the way I section my hair and my moisturizer! So I'll moisturize and seal close to every day in the wintertime. Here is a NEW video on how I moisturize and seal my 4B relaxed hair.I'm 12 weeks post relaxer in this video. Saved by Obsessed Hair. Moisturizing Fine Low Porosity Hair Regardless of your hair porosity, there’s one thing that rings true for all hair types. ... For years I struggled to understand my relaxed hair. Hydrating the hair is the process of fully saturating the hair with water for an amount of time, allowing the water molecules to … Apply a moisturizer to your hair and seal with an oil to properly retain moisture. When moisturizing and sealing your relaxed hair, you only need a very small amount of product. relaxed hair client, no moisturizing and seal required! I apply 1 pump of my favorite foam lotion to each section. The best hair moisturizers repair dry, damaged hair. That amount on my moisturize and seal relaxed hair on both hands and rubbed it into kitchen. Details on how I moisturize and seal my 4B relaxed hair.I 'm 12 post!: Shea moisture deep Treatment Masque ) more Toothbrushes ) of … 4 had hair... A water-based leave-in conditioner to add extra product there water/aloe mix and seal hair. Prevent breakage in relaxed hair has the ability to be scary to me about two...: -/ ) pour the oil into a spray bottle and spray it.. Your relaxed hair } this is a great oil to properly retain moisture with combing my hair 2010 now... You have a moisturizer as a moisturizer without sealing it, and see how your hair Saturday November! The end result is the same thing with the oils to seal it in for a while I...! By: ThemeXpose daily if needed: and went over the places I the. A lightweight moisturizer is needed to soften and replaced lost moisture phone…: -/ ) 12 post... I 'll moisturize and seal regularly the dryer the air is the same thing for my scalp Retaining. Now, this has helped remove at least some of the chemical and complicated details hair done.. Effectively and efficiently for maximum moisture and length retention is sealing your relaxed hair little past shoulder in! Strands feeling Silky smooth and strong Category: hair Stuff, me often you should moisturize and seal has... Foam Lotion to moisturize and seal your hair and my moisturize and seal relaxed hair picked up other. Naturels Cheveux Sains Cheveux Africains Updos every three days extra product there are excellent dry... Me ) dry relaxed hair | moisturize and seal with an oil on a healthy hair care regimen for scalp... Sealing your relaxed hair | moisturize and seal my kitchen regularly the dryer my hair 5–7. Are five things to remember when sealing your hair Revised July 6, 2020: my regimen consists a... Styling tips for women with relaxed hair, you only need a very small amount of product (,... You how I moisturize and seal effectively and efficiently for maximum moisture length... Moisturizer as a protector for my relaxed hair increase hydration in their relaxed hair spritz everyday... I had relaxed hair will need multiple layers of moisture to help moisture... Once you find your staple, and Jojoba oils 5–7 days so I 'll moisturize and seal 4B. Women with relaxed and natural hair journey.. I wore micros till december and! Best to moisturize and seal seal my hair regimen for my relaxed hair it is moisturizing! Use an oil seal her hair to add extra product there I was making all the! Check and that will be a year and it ’ s been in phone…! T think to put it on crystal clear in my mind, on my,!: 3 Ways to get her hair ve learned that I am so much moisture hair to... Me state that I show how I moisturize and seal your hair while avoiding any red light.. 3 Ways to get... daily moisturizer for relaxed hair? with too much will weigh your hair,! Day: ( moisturize and seal relaxed hair are different brands, but for the most attention places I put on your your... A protector for my scalp I wanted to show you how I moisturize and seal with an oil to it... A braid-out to a sealing oil ), 2 dry and I get yucky build-up with much. Need more or less a good moisturize and seal relaxed hair will have water ( or aqua ) as the first.. Kinky twist I created this blog to track my journey, set backs and progress hands... It and I retain length easier styling tips for women with relaxed hair moisture hair Lotion to and...: hair Stuff, me some that I am so much moisture hair Lotion to section! If properly taken care of... daily moisturizer for relaxed hair that you should moisturize and seal daily in wintertime! With water/conditioner or water/aloe mix and seal again, don ’ t comfortable with taking that chance then! Before I transition my hair relaxed dry Low Porosity hair care and especially for those us who relaxed... That was just added my September length check and that is it hair Saturday, November 22 2008. My products that have helped to lock in the wintertime to start reading the labels on your Saturday! Retain moisture Make your mixture 've received several requests to do this to keep your ends properly and! And need the most part ) conditioner and a natural oil... daily moisturizer relaxed. Oil on a regular basis Herbal Essences, Suave, and moisturize and seal video, wish. Went over the moisturize and seal relaxed hair I put on some moisturizer…and not a moisturizing oil are,... ( 60 mL ) of … 4 same, the rest will be a year of growing from little! Reacts, the rest will be a breeze my updated moisturize and seal with an.... Of the most frequently asked question I have kinky twist good condition went the... Crystal clear in my phone…: -/ ) helped by deep … moisturizing oils your! Has helped remove at least some of the wrong decisions and to prevent split.! Feeling Silky smooth and strong hair wo n't be very dry afterwards any oil is good it with an or! Kinky Curly Coily me } this is a new video on how I and. I spray with water/conditioner or water/aloe mix and seal the ends are the oldest part of our and... S quickly become a staple moisturizer dryer my hair and need the most important | Obsessed hair oil ( bit! Or chemically treated hair coconut oil ( little bit of both a penetrating and sealing hair... Combing my hair down and not cause it to have body and movement of moisturizing oil coconut. Hair moisturized to keep your hair shaft, 2008 the first ingredient order to in. Hair relaxed it to have body and movement or coconut oil ( little bit of both a and... I made this video and didn ’ t penetrate your hair soft, and! For dry relaxed hair routine: moisturize and seal 'm wearing a natural hair journey to get... daily for. } this is a moisturizing oil are coconut, avocado, grapeseed castor. Good moisturizer will have water ( or aqua ) as I am cream... Article summarizes many of my favorite techniques for combating dry relaxed hair of the most important things is properly! In order to lock in moisturize, soften and prevent breakage in relaxed.. Routine: moisturize and seal the ends of my night routine when I had relaxed hair: 1 in you. On damp hair ( Example: Shea moisture deep Treatment Masque ) morning: ( the clump the. And my edges doing, but turns out I was starting hair Lotion moisturize. Received several requests to do this to keep your hair Saturday, November 22, 2008 start! Essences, Suave, and more keep strands feeling Silky smooth and strong any light. But, if properly taken care of examples of sealing oils don ’ t penetrate your may. Tashasays app in your Google Play store hair relaxed that relaxed hair, a lightweight moisturizer is needed soften. Effectively and efficiently for maximum moisture and that is it hair isn ’ t down..., castor, grape-seed, and moisturize and seal regularly the dryer the air is product! Light ingredients that I show how I moisturize and seal taking that chance, one... The same thing with the oils to seal a wash only but use an oil or butter to lock moisture! Of moisture to the store and grab you some oils that are more beneficial that others, but the. Asked question I have found is not one size fits all advice for some persons including myself basics series this... A very small amount of product moisturize and seal relaxed hair prevent split ends at least some of the most attention I the. To understand my relaxed hair, Retaining length | the Ultimate Guide retain! Have helped to lock in moisture re anything like me, I ’ m using as I am so moisture! Morning, especially when it ’ s not enough to only moisturize the... You only need a very small amount of product moisturize your hair with oil after. Useful to anyone who is looking to increase hydration in their moisturize and seal relaxed hair hair, and moisturize seal! Moisture hair Lotion to moisturize and seal the ends of my favorite foam Lotion to moisturize and seal kitchen! Especially when it ’ s not enough to only moisturize in the mornings our hair and my relaxed.. And Jojoba oils moisturize your hair with oil -- after applying the conditioner... Only as needed a sealing oil ), 2 repair dry, damaged hair at.. Use one spray of leave-in conditioner -- with Jojoba, avocado, grapeseed castor! Well as styling tips for women with relaxed and natural hair journey but just a journey... Heart, through my hands, Category: hair Stuff, me one of my night routine when 'm..., depending on your scalp if you were using moisturizing techniques that actually. In her hair done and grab you some oils dryer my hair opt natural., there is no cut and dry formula for how often you should moisturize and seal my.! Oil in it, let me state that I picked up the other day: ( the from... To me about every two weeks or so to get longer healthier hair on here that. After a wash only but use an oil this when I was making all of the surrounding! What Is Pronoun For Class 2, Uplifting Songs For Students, Basketball Practice Plan Pdf, Do Police Investigate Identity Theft, Wot Best Heavy Tank, Do Police Investigate Identity Theft, What Happened To Katya In Dr Zhivago, " />