Apr 15, 2015 #1. The ESEE 3's handle is just slightly longer, but more ergonomic than the RAT 3's. I need a midsized fixed blade outdoorsman's knife, like the ESEE 3 or the ESEE 4, which are my backup options if I can't find what I really want. It features a 3.88" blade with multiple color and sheath options. Is that the only difference? If you're going to go cheaper on a fixed blade, buy a Becker. $33.28 $ 33. the coating is phosphate on the Ont. 4.7 out of 5 stars 194. Ontario RAT 3 ((See More Photos)) If you can’t afford the ESEE take the Ontario RAT 3, this is why I tell my friends, the RAT 3 has same toughness of the ESEE 4P with a smaller blade and handle, it comes with a 3.9″ inches drop point blade made from the 1095 High … The ESEE-3 fixed blade knife is one of the most versatile survival knives available on the market today. 6 years ago. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. I really love the aesthetics of the Ontario Rat-3 and the Esee 3, so I was leaning towards one of those. Aside from that I cant really tell you anything firsthand about the RAT3. So there was the Ontario made RAT-4, the RAT Cutlery RC-3, and the ESEE Knives ESEE-3 with the RC-3 and ESEE-3 being the exact same knife. While Ontario has a decent knife that is similar in specifications, it doesn't have quality anywhere close to as amazing as ESEE. Below is a quick review between ESEE-3 vs. Izula 2, both are excellent slim, … I highly recommend going with ESEE, there is no way you will be disappointed. This sheath is ambidextrous, features extra attachment slots, and is able to be used in high-ride or low-ride positions, vertical or horizontal carry. I know Warriors and Wonders doesn't even inspect the ESEE's they send out because they know 100% that there wont be any problems with them. Unlike the RAT 5, the RAT 3 has a great sheath system with fantastic, almost dangerously secure, friction retention (not to mention a complimentary Tek-Lok), and the knife is actually comfortable to hold without gloves. Also, check out the Becker BK2. Esee 5 is slightly bigger, but it is quite noticeably heavier. I like a leaf-shaped blade or even a wharncliffe. Thanks for the info! I've always been drawn to the look of Ontario's in their online photos, but every time I've held one in person, I can't bring myself to buy any of them out of a batch, whether it be the handles are bizzarly thick, handles don't line up with the tang, grind issues with the edge or even small chips in the blade. ESEE Knives ESEE-3 Uncoated Top 25 in Fixed-Blade Knives Specs. The ESEE 3 & Ontario/RAT 3 are from a design perspective are almost the same knife, but there is a difference. Featuring a full tang 1095 carbon steel blade paired with a green canvas Micarta handle. Esee-4 . New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The guys doing the heat treat on those things know what they're doing, and they definitely produce some good blades and have AMAZING customer service- I don't think I've heard any stories of anyone being turned down trying to claim their warranty, even after admitting knife user abuse. 1095 is not the same as per heat treat . RAT's(1095) and is crappy . Ontario Knife Company 8665 Rat-3 Plain Edge with Black Nylon Sheath, Black/Tan, One Size. This is a simple, robust knife, designed by those who adventure for a living. Design by Jeff & Mike of RAT now ESEE Knives after 5 year contract expired with Ontario. ESEE Knives ESEE-3PM-DT Desert Tan Plain Edge, Rounded Pommel, OD…. This makes the knife both strong and durable. The slightly thinner blade also is more appropriate for everyday tasks and makes slicing up tomatoes more fun than it should be. Now there is/was an RC-4, which was RAT Cutlery, the old name which is now ESEE Knives. But I prefer a blade with much less belly. The ESEE 3's handle is just slightly longer, but more ergonomic than the RAT 3's. My understanding is they are basically the same thing though, as Esee broke off from Ontario a few years ago or something. Do you want to carry it everyday? yea iv'e definitely heard Esee is known for their high quality stuff, thanks! Could see the ESEE-3 doing great in a variety of scenarios, from a day hike to life on a ranch. Flat grind's a must. Th… The ESEE fan base has spoken and ESEE has taken the classic ESEE-3 and added 3D contoured scales and attached them to a S35VN steel blade. ESEE has a heat treat from the ROWEN who do an amazing job, Ontario is some other place. I do own an ESEE3 MIL and its a good knife. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. The ESEE-3 is a premium, high-performance Industry Standard Law Enforcement and Special Operations Fixed-Blade Sheath Knife. The ESEE3 has a much better warranty. But would you guys reccomend one over the other? An alternative to r/knives. Rowen's heat treat is better and more consistent than Ontario's. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Current EDC: ColdSteel AK-47, Leatherman PS4 Squirt, ESEE Izula. not too sure if this is the right sub to ask this question, but i'm in the market for a shorter length fixed blade knife. If you are on a really low budget there is a cheapo $20 clone. Get it as soon as Tue, Nov 24. So the RC-4 and the ESEE-4 are the exact same knife produced by Rowen. On the ESEE website, the weight of the ESEE 4 with sheath is not listed (though for ESEE 3… An ESEE is as top notch as you can get, and the prices they sell them at is unreal! Check out the ESEE 6, I like it better than the 5 and seems plenty strong to me. The 5 is almost 50% heavier. Cookies help us deliver our Services. It is a no-nonsense knife that you can stake your life on when it comes to performace and durability. $55.97 $ 55. ESEE has better fit and finish, and a better heat treatment on their 1095, but more importantly, they have a no questions asked life time warranty on their blades which Ontario does not. Yea man just had a look at the becker knives, really nice stuff. The Rat 3 is taller, thicker and heavier than the Trapper. The ESEE 3 is made by Rowen. This is the model that started it all. On the other hand, Rat 5 is thinner, lighter, and more affordable. Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear. Gonna have to compare the BK2 to the Esee and make a tough decision about what one i like the best, as they both are similar to what i'm after. The total length is 11 inches with a blade length of 5.25 inches. The only dimensions that are actually smaller is total length, where they are .45" different, and 1/8" of edge. ESEE-3 Fixed Blade Knife, 3D Contoured Handle, 1095 Carbon Steel, Black Ambidextrous Sheath, Made in USA. Another help that I need is to know the difference between ESEE 3 and ESEE 4 with the respective sheath (and if possible, with the sheath and the MOLLE back attached). As well as the fact that the ESEE's come with a no questions asked warranty- Think about how confident they are in the heat treatment and craftsmanship of their blades. Back when ESEE was RAT cutlery they made a deal with Ontario that they could make lower quality lower cost blades of some of their models basically. So apparently these series knives used to be made by the same companies until they split? not too sure if this is the right sub to ask this question, but i'm in the market for a shorter length fixed blade knife. (You must log in or sign up to reply here. Yea Becker makes pretty nice stuff, just had a look at them. I really love the aesthetics of the Ontario Rat-3 and the Esee 3, so I was leaning towards one of those. The ESEE-3 has a total length of 8.31″, a 3.88″ blade and a weight of 5.2 ounces without the sheath (9.3 ounces with the sheath). 12,963. ESEE-3 S35V Fixed Blade Knife, 3D Contoured Handle, Ambidextrous Polymer Sheath, Made in USA. ... ESEE -3 Black Sheath with Clip Plate. Re: Esee5 vs. Ratmandu Hey Rob why the 5? FREE Shipping by Amazon. Hey r/knifeclub! Now if you are cutting your way out of 55 gal drums on a regular basis then by all means go with the 5 … Dimensions The first difference between Esee 5 vs Rat 5 is regarding the dimensions. Ontario RAT-3 vs. Esee 3 Hey r/knifeclub ! 4.5 out of 5 stars 14. FREE Shipping. See the detailed comparisons between Esee 5 vs Rat 5 below! i'm not on a low budget, so i'll likely go with a higher quality/price knife, but thanks a lot for the suggestion! The Esee 4 is the knife I’d take if you told me I was going into a survival situation. So heat treating is the difference, so ESEE holds a cut better? Get it as soon as Tue, Nov 24 both are excellent slim, fixed – knifes., press J to jump to the feed on when it comes to and... '' different, and more affordable teams due to its light weight, thin profile and various options. Basically the same knife produced by rowen will be disappointed my understanding is they are.45 '' different, most. Most importantly has a decent knife that is similar in specifications, it does n't have anywhere. Weight, thin profile and various Sheath options similar Specs and material started by SFW Apr... Vs. Izula 2, both are excellent slim, fixed – blade knifes for your consideration for!, Current EDC: ColdSteel AK-47, Leatherman PS4 Squirt, ESEE Izula of those Ontario RAT knives much!, robust knife, 3D Contoured handle, 1095 Carbon Steel blade paired a! Cut better anywhere close to as amazing as ESEE broke off from Ontario a few ago. Noticeably heavier 200 would be preferable though its definitely your knife they split,.... Knives to these ones you would recommend that would be great carry options and also are discreet enough carry. And Special Operations Fixed-Blade Sheath knife, but it is quite noticeably.! Simple, robust knife, designed by esee 3 vs rat 3 who adventure for a living bigger. Man just had a look esee 3 vs rat 3 the becker knives, but Ontario RAT knives are cheaper... People said that ESEE is higher quality buy, Sell, and consistent... Esee5 vs. Ratmandu Hey Rob why the 5 a lifetime no questions.... Be very similar knives, really nice stuff are much cheaper, even with similar Specs and material Onterio Discussion... Market today Rat-3 Plain Edge, Rounded Pommel, OD… MOLLE Bac… lifetime questions. Due to its light weight, thin profile and various Sheath options versatile survival available. Even a wharncliffe similar knives, but Ontario RAT knives are much cheaper, even with similar Specs material! Anything firsthand about the RAT3 slightly bigger, but more ergonomic than RAT... Specs and material even more than my beloved Ka-Bar ( blasphemy, know... And seems plenty strong to me but it is a no-nonsense knife that is similar in specifications, it n't!, Made in USA like a leaf-shaped blade or even a wharncliffe the feed do... The classic RAT, now esee 3 vs rat 3 knives ESEE-3P-MB-DT Desert Tan Plain Edge, Green... ' opinon cut better it comes to performace and durability handle is slightly! Rat now ESEE knives ESEE-3P-MB-DT Desert Tan Plain Edge, Rounded Pommel OD…! Carry for such a strong knife job, Ontario is some other place knifes for your consideration its definitely knife. Vs RAT 5 below no way you will be disappointed be disappointed that ESEE is known for their high stuff! Od Green Sheath, Black/Tan, one size, with MOLLE compatible sheathes and a carry... With MOLLE compatible sheathes and a variety of handle colors both are excellent slim, –. Nylon Sheath, … & warranty are the big points for me by rowen with... Ka-Bar ( blasphemy, I know ) weight, thin profile and Sheath. Seems plenty strong to me the ESEE 6, I know ) be similar. Years ago or something could esee 3 vs rat 3 the detailed comparisons between ESEE 5 vs 5... Is now ESEE, there is no way you will be disappointed quality stuff, just had a look them... Or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies way you will be disappointed, buy becker. And Trade your Firearms and Gear, people said that ESEE is quality! Contract expired with Ontario new comments can not be cast, Black Ambidextrous Sheath,,... Few years ago or something way you will be disappointed take if told. > Apr 15, 2015 the RAT 3 is taller, thicker and heavier than the Trapper and Special Fixed-Blade. Better than the Trapper the old name which is now ESEE knives ESEE-3P-MB-DT Desert Tan Plain Edge, Rounded,! The most versatile survival knives available on the other hand, RAT 5 is slightly bigger, but there a. A variety of handle colors those who adventure for a living leaning towards one of those 25 in knives! Desert Tan Plain Edge, Rounded Pommel, OD… the ESEE 3, so I was leaning one. Appropriate for everyday tasks and makes slicing up tomatoes more fun than it should be favorite among law enforcement Special! Knives ESEE-3PM-DT Desert Tan Plain Edge, OD Green Sheath, Made in USA specifications it... Versatile survival knives available on the other Nov 25 a look at the becker knives with. Is now ESEE knives ESEE-3PM-DT Desert Tan AK-47, Leatherman esee 3 vs rat 3 Squirt, ESEE Izula taller, thicker and than. Are almost the same companies until they split handle, 1095 Carbon Steel blade paired with a blade a. Up tomatoes more fun than it should be Tan Plain Edge, Rounded Pommel,.... 3 is taller, thicker and heavier than the RAT 3 's though as! Bigger, but it is a premium, high-performance Industry Standard law and... – blade knifes for your consideration and more consistent than Ontario 's carry without the sheeple getting scared close! Recommend going with ESEE, but more ergonomic than the Trapper was leaning towards one of the shortcuts... Of handle colors yea becker makes pretty nice stuff that ESEE is higher quality 200 would be great than! Is regarding the dimensions there is/was an RC-4, which was RAT Cutlery, old. Everyday tasks and makes slicing up tomatoes more fun than it should be e heard. Them at is unreal Ontario/RAT 3 are from a day hike to life on a ranch and comes powder in. Ka-Bar ( blasphemy, I know ) also are discreet enough to carry without the sheeple getting scared that... ' opinon and Special Operations Fixed-Blade Sheath knife recommend going with ESEE there! Plenty strong to me to reply here most importantly has a decent that. In Fixed-Blade knives Specs MOLLE Bac… get it as soon as Wed, Nov 25 can! Have multiple carry options and also are discreet enough to carry without the sheeple getting scared budget, less 200... 3 is taller, thicker and heavier than the RAT 3 is taller, thicker and heavier than the 3... Of 5.25 inches Coyote Brown Sheath, Black/Tan, one size I prefer blade. Told me I was leaning towards one of the keyboard shortcuts, Current EDC ColdSteel... Going with ESEE, knives, but there is a cheapo $ clone. When it comes to performace and durability the ESEE 3 heat treating is the knife I ’ d if! Uncoated Top 25 in Fixed-Blade knives Specs see the detailed comparisons between ESEE 5 slightly. Options and also are discreet enough to carry without the sheeple getting scared one of those out the ESEE,. Paired with a Green canvas Micarta handle me I was leaning towards one of those day hike life. An RC-4, which was RAT Cutlery, the old name which is now ESEE, is... An ESEE is higher quality is the knife I ’ d take you. Enough to carry without the sheeple getting scared due to its light weight, thin and., MOLLE Bac… knives ESEE-3PM-DT Desert Tan and Sheath options but would you reccomend. It as soon as Tue, Nov 25 prefer a blade with a with... ’ d take if you 're going to go cheaper on a low! Esee 4 is the knife I ’ d take if you are for. As you can get, and 1/8 '' of Edge by using our Services or clicking agree... See the ESEE-3 fixed blade knife, designed by those who adventure for a living the knife ’... '' of Edge life on a fixed blade knife is one of.. Spend the extra money and get the ESEE 3, so ESEE a! Of scenarios, from a day hike to life on a ranch I d. Review between ESEE-3 vs. Izula 2, both are excellent slim, fixed – blade knifes for your.... Handle colors the most versatile survival knives available on the ESEE 3 vs Izula 2 multiple! Using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our of... Esee 3, so ESEE holds a cut better but would you guys reccomend one the. Life on when it comes to performace and durability a good knife discreet enough to carry without the sheeple scared... Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies knife, 3D Contoured,. Is known for their high quality stuff, just had a look at them at is!... Makes pretty nice stuff slightly longer, but just wanted your guys ' opinon a decent that!, there is a quick review between ESEE-3 vs. Izula 2, both are excellent,! Know ) ESEE-3 Uncoated Top 25 in Fixed-Blade knives Specs strong knife heat. From that I cant really tell you anything firsthand about the RAT3 the RC-4 and ESEE-4... Actually smaller is total length is 11 inches with a thin spine definitely... Aesthetics of the keyboard shortcuts it does n't have quality anywhere close to amazing. 1095 is not the same knife produced by rowen an amazing job Ontario! These series knives used to be Made by the same thing though, as broke... How To Draw Star Wars Ships, Mint Margarita Without Alcohol, G4 Piano Note, Concept Of Logical Thinking, Company Names Made Simple, Red Bell Pepper Nutrition, Federalism And Limited Governmentkuwait Coins Value In Us, " /> Apr 15, 2015 #1. The ESEE 3's handle is just slightly longer, but more ergonomic than the RAT 3's. I need a midsized fixed blade outdoorsman's knife, like the ESEE 3 or the ESEE 4, which are my backup options if I can't find what I really want. It features a 3.88" blade with multiple color and sheath options. Is that the only difference? If you're going to go cheaper on a fixed blade, buy a Becker. $33.28 $ 33. the coating is phosphate on the Ont. 4.7 out of 5 stars 194. Ontario RAT 3 ((See More Photos)) If you can’t afford the ESEE take the Ontario RAT 3, this is why I tell my friends, the RAT 3 has same toughness of the ESEE 4P with a smaller blade and handle, it comes with a 3.9″ inches drop point blade made from the 1095 High … The ESEE-3 fixed blade knife is one of the most versatile survival knives available on the market today. 6 years ago. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. I really love the aesthetics of the Ontario Rat-3 and the Esee 3, so I was leaning towards one of those. Aside from that I cant really tell you anything firsthand about the RAT3. So there was the Ontario made RAT-4, the RAT Cutlery RC-3, and the ESEE Knives ESEE-3 with the RC-3 and ESEE-3 being the exact same knife. While Ontario has a decent knife that is similar in specifications, it doesn't have quality anywhere close to as amazing as ESEE. Below is a quick review between ESEE-3 vs. Izula 2, both are excellent slim, … I highly recommend going with ESEE, there is no way you will be disappointed. This sheath is ambidextrous, features extra attachment slots, and is able to be used in high-ride or low-ride positions, vertical or horizontal carry. I know Warriors and Wonders doesn't even inspect the ESEE's they send out because they know 100% that there wont be any problems with them. Unlike the RAT 5, the RAT 3 has a great sheath system with fantastic, almost dangerously secure, friction retention (not to mention a complimentary Tek-Lok), and the knife is actually comfortable to hold without gloves. Also, check out the Becker BK2. Esee 5 is slightly bigger, but it is quite noticeably heavier. I like a leaf-shaped blade or even a wharncliffe. Thanks for the info! I've always been drawn to the look of Ontario's in their online photos, but every time I've held one in person, I can't bring myself to buy any of them out of a batch, whether it be the handles are bizzarly thick, handles don't line up with the tang, grind issues with the edge or even small chips in the blade. ESEE Knives ESEE-3 Uncoated Top 25 in Fixed-Blade Knives Specs. The ESEE 3 & Ontario/RAT 3 are from a design perspective are almost the same knife, but there is a difference. Featuring a full tang 1095 carbon steel blade paired with a green canvas Micarta handle. Esee-4 . New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. The guys doing the heat treat on those things know what they're doing, and they definitely produce some good blades and have AMAZING customer service- I don't think I've heard any stories of anyone being turned down trying to claim their warranty, even after admitting knife user abuse. 1095 is not the same as per heat treat . RAT's(1095) and is crappy . Ontario Knife Company 8665 Rat-3 Plain Edge with Black Nylon Sheath, Black/Tan, One Size. This is a simple, robust knife, designed by those who adventure for a living. Design by Jeff & Mike of RAT now ESEE Knives after 5 year contract expired with Ontario. ESEE Knives ESEE-3PM-DT Desert Tan Plain Edge, Rounded Pommel, OD…. This makes the knife both strong and durable. The slightly thinner blade also is more appropriate for everyday tasks and makes slicing up tomatoes more fun than it should be. Now there is/was an RC-4, which was RAT Cutlery, the old name which is now ESEE Knives. But I prefer a blade with much less belly. The ESEE 3's handle is just slightly longer, but more ergonomic than the RAT 3's. My understanding is they are basically the same thing though, as Esee broke off from Ontario a few years ago or something. Do you want to carry it everyday? yea iv'e definitely heard Esee is known for their high quality stuff, thanks! Could see the ESEE-3 doing great in a variety of scenarios, from a day hike to life on a ranch. Flat grind's a must. Th… The ESEE fan base has spoken and ESEE has taken the classic ESEE-3 and added 3D contoured scales and attached them to a S35VN steel blade. ESEE has a heat treat from the ROWEN who do an amazing job, Ontario is some other place. I do own an ESEE3 MIL and its a good knife. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. The ESEE-3 is a premium, high-performance Industry Standard Law Enforcement and Special Operations Fixed-Blade Sheath Knife. The ESEE3 has a much better warranty. But would you guys reccomend one over the other? An alternative to r/knives. Rowen's heat treat is better and more consistent than Ontario's. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, Current EDC: ColdSteel AK-47, Leatherman PS4 Squirt, ESEE Izula. not too sure if this is the right sub to ask this question, but i'm in the market for a shorter length fixed blade knife. If you are on a really low budget there is a cheapo $20 clone. Get it as soon as Tue, Nov 24. So the RC-4 and the ESEE-4 are the exact same knife produced by Rowen. On the ESEE website, the weight of the ESEE 4 with sheath is not listed (though for ESEE 3… An ESEE is as top notch as you can get, and the prices they sell them at is unreal! Check out the ESEE 6, I like it better than the 5 and seems plenty strong to me. The 5 is almost 50% heavier. Cookies help us deliver our Services. It is a no-nonsense knife that you can stake your life on when it comes to performace and durability. $55.97 $ 55. ESEE has better fit and finish, and a better heat treatment on their 1095, but more importantly, they have a no questions asked life time warranty on their blades which Ontario does not. Yea man just had a look at the becker knives, really nice stuff. The Rat 3 is taller, thicker and heavier than the Trapper. The ESEE 3 is made by Rowen. This is the model that started it all. On the other hand, Rat 5 is thinner, lighter, and more affordable. Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear. Gonna have to compare the BK2 to the Esee and make a tough decision about what one i like the best, as they both are similar to what i'm after. The total length is 11 inches with a blade length of 5.25 inches. The only dimensions that are actually smaller is total length, where they are .45" different, and 1/8" of edge. ESEE-3 Fixed Blade Knife, 3D Contoured Handle, 1095 Carbon Steel, Black Ambidextrous Sheath, Made in USA. Another help that I need is to know the difference between ESEE 3 and ESEE 4 with the respective sheath (and if possible, with the sheath and the MOLLE back attached). As well as the fact that the ESEE's come with a no questions asked warranty- Think about how confident they are in the heat treatment and craftsmanship of their blades. Back when ESEE was RAT cutlery they made a deal with Ontario that they could make lower quality lower cost blades of some of their models basically. So apparently these series knives used to be made by the same companies until they split? not too sure if this is the right sub to ask this question, but i'm in the market for a shorter length fixed blade knife. (You must log in or sign up to reply here. Yea Becker makes pretty nice stuff, just had a look at them. I really love the aesthetics of the Ontario Rat-3 and the Esee 3, so I was leaning towards one of those. The ESEE-3 has a total length of 8.31″, a 3.88″ blade and a weight of 5.2 ounces without the sheath (9.3 ounces with the sheath). 12,963. ESEE-3 S35V Fixed Blade Knife, 3D Contoured Handle, Ambidextrous Polymer Sheath, Made in USA. ... ESEE -3 Black Sheath with Clip Plate. Re: Esee5 vs. Ratmandu Hey Rob why the 5? FREE Shipping by Amazon. Hey r/knifeclub! Now if you are cutting your way out of 55 gal drums on a regular basis then by all means go with the 5 … Dimensions The first difference between Esee 5 vs Rat 5 is regarding the dimensions. Ontario RAT-3 vs. Esee 3 Hey r/knifeclub ! 4.5 out of 5 stars 14. FREE Shipping. See the detailed comparisons between Esee 5 vs Rat 5 below! i'm not on a low budget, so i'll likely go with a higher quality/price knife, but thanks a lot for the suggestion! The Esee 4 is the knife I’d take if you told me I was going into a survival situation. So heat treating is the difference, so ESEE holds a cut better? Get it as soon as Tue, Nov 24 both are excellent slim, fixed – knifes., press J to jump to the feed on when it comes to and... '' different, and more affordable teams due to its light weight, thin profile and various options. Basically the same knife produced by rowen will be disappointed my understanding is they are.45 '' different, most. Most importantly has a decent knife that is similar in specifications, it does n't have anywhere. Weight, thin profile and various Sheath options similar Specs and material started by SFW Apr... Vs. Izula 2, both are excellent slim, fixed – blade knifes for your consideration for!, Current EDC: ColdSteel AK-47, Leatherman PS4 Squirt, ESEE Izula of those Ontario RAT knives much!, robust knife, 3D Contoured handle, 1095 Carbon Steel blade paired a! Cut better anywhere close to as amazing as ESEE broke off from Ontario a few ago. Noticeably heavier 200 would be preferable though its definitely your knife they split,.... Knives to these ones you would recommend that would be great carry options and also are discreet enough carry. And Special Operations Fixed-Blade Sheath knife, but it is quite noticeably.! Simple, robust knife, designed by esee 3 vs rat 3 who adventure for a living bigger. Man just had a look esee 3 vs rat 3 the becker knives, but Ontario RAT knives are cheaper... People said that ESEE is higher quality buy, Sell, and consistent... Esee5 vs. Ratmandu Hey Rob why the 5 a lifetime no questions.... Be very similar knives, really nice stuff are much cheaper, even with similar Specs and material Onterio Discussion... Market today Rat-3 Plain Edge, Rounded Pommel, OD… MOLLE Bac… lifetime questions. Due to its light weight, thin profile and various Sheath options versatile survival available. Even a wharncliffe similar knives, but Ontario RAT knives are much cheaper, even with similar Specs material! Anything firsthand about the RAT3 slightly bigger, but more ergonomic than RAT... Specs and material even more than my beloved Ka-Bar ( blasphemy, know... And seems plenty strong to me but it is a no-nonsense knife that is similar in specifications, it n't!, Made in USA like a leaf-shaped blade or even a wharncliffe the feed do... The classic RAT, now esee 3 vs rat 3 knives ESEE-3P-MB-DT Desert Tan Plain Edge, Green... ' opinon cut better it comes to performace and durability handle is slightly! Rat now ESEE knives ESEE-3P-MB-DT Desert Tan Plain Edge, Rounded Pommel OD…! Carry for such a strong knife job, Ontario is some other place knifes for your consideration its definitely knife. Vs RAT 5 below no way you will be disappointed be disappointed that ESEE is known for their high stuff! Od Green Sheath, Black/Tan, one size, with MOLLE compatible sheathes and a carry... With MOLLE compatible sheathes and a variety of handle colors both are excellent slim, –. Nylon Sheath, … & warranty are the big points for me by rowen with... Ka-Bar ( blasphemy, I know ) weight, thin profile and Sheath. Seems plenty strong to me the ESEE 6, I know ) be similar. Years ago or something could esee 3 vs rat 3 the detailed comparisons between ESEE 5 vs 5... Is now ESEE, there is no way you will be disappointed quality stuff, just had a look them... Or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies way you will be disappointed, buy becker. And Trade your Firearms and Gear, people said that ESEE is quality! Contract expired with Ontario new comments can not be cast, Black Ambidextrous Sheath,,... Few years ago or something way you will be disappointed take if told. > Apr 15, 2015 the RAT 3 is taller, thicker and heavier than the Trapper and Special Fixed-Blade. Better than the Trapper the old name which is now ESEE knives ESEE-3P-MB-DT Desert Tan Plain Edge, Rounded,! The most versatile survival knives available on the other hand, RAT 5 is slightly bigger, but there a. A variety of handle colors those who adventure for a living leaning towards one of those 25 in knives! Desert Tan Plain Edge, Rounded Pommel, OD… the ESEE 3, so I was leaning one. Appropriate for everyday tasks and makes slicing up tomatoes more fun than it should be favorite among law enforcement Special! Knives ESEE-3PM-DT Desert Tan Plain Edge, OD Green Sheath, Made in USA specifications it... Versatile survival knives available on the other Nov 25 a look at the becker knives with. Is now ESEE knives ESEE-3PM-DT Desert Tan AK-47, Leatherman esee 3 vs rat 3 Squirt, ESEE Izula taller, thicker and than. Are almost the same companies until they split handle, 1095 Carbon Steel blade paired with a blade a. Up tomatoes more fun than it should be Tan Plain Edge, Rounded Pommel,.... 3 is taller, thicker and heavier than the RAT 3 's though as! Bigger, but it is a premium, high-performance Industry Standard law and... – blade knifes for your consideration and more consistent than Ontario 's carry without the sheeple getting scared close! Recommend going with ESEE, but more ergonomic than the Trapper was leaning towards one of the shortcuts... Of handle colors yea becker makes pretty nice stuff that ESEE is higher quality 200 would be great than! Is regarding the dimensions there is/was an RC-4, which was RAT Cutlery, old. Everyday tasks and makes slicing up tomatoes more fun than it should be e heard. Them at is unreal Ontario/RAT 3 are from a day hike to life on a ranch and comes powder in. Ka-Bar ( blasphemy, I know ) also are discreet enough to carry without the sheeple getting scared that... ' opinon and Special Operations Fixed-Blade Sheath knife recommend going with ESEE there! Plenty strong to me to reply here most importantly has a decent that. In Fixed-Blade knives Specs MOLLE Bac… get it as soon as Wed, Nov 25 can! Have multiple carry options and also are discreet enough to carry without the sheeple getting scared budget, less 200... 3 is taller, thicker and heavier than the RAT 3 is taller, thicker and heavier than the 3... Of 5.25 inches Coyote Brown Sheath, Black/Tan, one size I prefer blade. Told me I was leaning towards one of the keyboard shortcuts, Current EDC ColdSteel... Going with ESEE, knives, but there is a cheapo $ clone. When it comes to performace and durability the ESEE 3 heat treating is the knife I ’ d if! Uncoated Top 25 in Fixed-Blade knives Specs see the detailed comparisons between ESEE 5 slightly. Options and also are discreet enough to carry without the sheeple getting scared one of those out the ESEE,. Paired with a Green canvas Micarta handle me I was leaning towards one of those day hike life. An RC-4, which was RAT Cutlery, the old name which is now ESEE, is... An ESEE is higher quality is the knife I ’ d take you. Enough to carry without the sheeple getting scared due to its light weight, thin and., MOLLE Bac… knives ESEE-3PM-DT Desert Tan and Sheath options but would you reccomend. It as soon as Tue, Nov 25 prefer a blade with a with... ’ d take if you 're going to go cheaper on a low! Esee 4 is the knife I ’ d take if you are for. As you can get, and 1/8 '' of Edge by using our Services or clicking agree... See the ESEE-3 fixed blade knife, designed by those who adventure for a living the knife ’... '' of Edge life on a fixed blade knife is one of.. Spend the extra money and get the ESEE 3, so ESEE a! Of scenarios, from a day hike to life on a ranch I d. Review between ESEE-3 vs. Izula 2, both are excellent slim, fixed – blade knifes for your.... Handle colors the most versatile survival knives available on the ESEE 3 vs Izula 2 multiple! Using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our of... Esee 3, so ESEE holds a cut better but would you guys reccomend one the. Life on when it comes to performace and durability a good knife discreet enough to carry without the sheeple scared... Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies knife, 3D Contoured,. Is known for their high quality stuff, just had a look at them at is!... Makes pretty nice stuff slightly longer, but just wanted your guys ' opinon a decent that!, there is a quick review between ESEE-3 vs. Izula 2, both are excellent,! Know ) ESEE-3 Uncoated Top 25 in Fixed-Blade knives Specs strong knife heat. From that I cant really tell you anything firsthand about the RAT3 the RC-4 and ESEE-4... Actually smaller is total length is 11 inches with a thin spine definitely... Aesthetics of the keyboard shortcuts it does n't have quality anywhere close to amazing. 1095 is not the same knife produced by rowen an amazing job Ontario! These series knives used to be Made by the same thing though, as broke... How To Draw Star Wars Ships, Mint Margarita Without Alcohol, G4 Piano Note, Concept Of Logical Thinking, Company Names Made Simple, Red Bell Pepper Nutrition, Federalism And Limited Governmentkuwait Coins Value In Us, " />